Skip to main content

Review of Bodega Cantina, Sutton Coldfield


My family had been looking forward to going to Bodega Cantina in Sutton Coldfield for a while so when the opportunity came up to review the refreshed menu, we jumped at the chance. I had heard good things about the eatery from a number of people and had been with some friends a while ago and enjoyed the food and atmosphere. As I was about to have a baby, I thought that it was either now or in several months and decided to head over one Saturday evening together with my husband and 6 year old daughter. 


We got there slightly early and had a drink at the bar. There was an extensive menu of alcoholic and non-alcoholic cocktails and beers. As we waited for our table, the bar area was hotting up as people arrived before heading out for the evening into Sutton Coldfield. The atmosphere was relaxed and good natured and the décor mirrored the South American menu that was on offer.



Out table was spacious and the feel of the room was uncluttered. As well as those who had come to eat out, we could see how people might just pop in for a bite to eat as they were heading out, or, indeed, heading home afterwards. The food menu was, again extensive, and there were a number of dishes that we fancied. We shared a plate of very tasty nachos (and the toppings were not skimped on!) to start. For mains, I opted for chicken burrito and my husband had several smaller ‘tapas-style’ plates, all of which were very tasty. Little Lady chose the kids tortilla, which was a good size for her. Dessert had to be the classic churros with toffee sauce, which went down very well. 

All in all, the food was tasty, the atmosphere relaxed, the manager was friendly and made us feel welcome and we left feeling satisfied. Bodega Bar and Cantina in Sutton Coldfield is an eatery which is good for people eating out with family or friends or those who just wish to sit at the bar and have a drink and maybe a small dish to accompany it. Either way, just don’t go expecting to leave on anything but a full stomach!


Bodega Cantina
26 Birmingham Road
Sutton Coldfield
0121 355 5157

http://www.bodegacantina.co.uk/locations/sutton-coldfield/
Our meal cost around £50 for a family of three.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Michael Morpurgo's Farm Boy @ Lichfield Garrick

The author Michael Morpurgo is a brilliant story teller and his Farm Boy story is no exception. This production has at its core a story that hooks you in and keeps you captivated. A grandfather and his grandson talk you through stories from their family that intertwine with the history of World War One and life on a farm. This play had parts that made me smile and chuckle but more parts that gave me goosebumps and a ripple of emotion. When grandfather made a confession and called on his grandson to help him, I was hooked waiting to hear the burden that he had born for his entire life. No spoilers though, come and see the play for yourself. The music in Farm Boy is an original score written by Matt Marks. It enhanced the story telling evoking memories and pictures in my mind. This combined with the strength of the story is clearly the reason the show has been at the Edinburgh Fringe and 'off Broadway' in New York. Throughout the show, there are just two actors on the stage: Gran

Midlands Family Days Out in 2023

Many of you love planning family days out. So what's better than viewing a year ahead? I will update this post to share great days out around the West Midlands for families. Many of the events that I share are either free or low cost. Feel free to book mark the this page to see new information as the year progresses. Also find me on Instagram @capablechild January Lunar New year Celebrations fill the Bullring and Grand Central with performances on Saturday 21st January. These continue in Birmingham's Southside on Sunday 22nd January with food stalls, family activities and performances. We have joined in these celebrations in previous years and my children loved the lively, bright dancing. https://www.birminghamhippodrome.com/save-the-date-lunar-new-year-celebrations-return-to-birmingham-in-january/ February Dippy the Dinosaur arrives in Coventry at The Herbert Art Gallery. Tickets are free but expect them to go fast! Over half term there are family activities including crafts

Beauty and the Beast @ Lichfield Garrick

“That was so funny I nearly wet myself!”  Such was my 11 year old daughter’s review of the Lichfield Garrick’s 2023 Christmas Panto - Beauty and the Beast. Truth be told, although I hopefully have more bladder control than that, I was in pretty close agreement with her. I’m not sure which part of the show was the most hilarious. It may have been the obligatory slapstick gunge and slide routine making pudding in the Beast’s castle kitchen. However, Figgy the animated (and socially borderline) Greek statue was in hot pursuit. Had I been the unsuspecting gentleman who sat on the front row I may have found the audience participation rather less comedic (he loved it really!!!). What I do know though is that by the end of the evening my sides hurt, I’d become seriously dehydrated and my daughter and I were ready for the festive Christmas season to begin! You may wonder how Beauty and the Beast could pass for panto? However, Sam Rabone’s annual Pantomime dame, reappearing as Belle’s hideously